Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Join a diverse team of skilled engineers conducting leading-edge development for the international aerospace industry.
- Design, develop, simulate, test and integrate embedded FPGA firmware for a variety of applications including subsystem command and data handling, low-level hardware control, automation, custom and high-speed interfaces.
- Digital system partitioning and advanced function implementation in FPGAs.
- Analysis of industry specifications, roadmap requirements, breakdown tasks and help implement the project plans.
- Analyse high-level requirements and translate them into detailed firmware requirements and feasible firmware design.
- Participate in the following activities: requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, support system-level architecture definition and firmware design.
- Perform design reviews, code reviews, unit and system testing and writing documentation.
- Perform full firmware life cycle functions including requirements, architecture, design, code, simulation, test, integration, documentation and support.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in FPGA firmware development.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Verilog/VHDL programming and simulation.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Ability to think on system-level, working in more than one discipline.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Fluent in English.
- Any experience in embedded software development.
- Experience with any embedded RTOS.
- Knowledge of ISO and/or ECSS standards.
- Programming experience in scripting and automation.
- Familiarity with Agile processes.
- Experience in firmware quality management techniques.