Supplier Quality Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The job holder is responsible for operational supplier management. This includes in particular:
- The qualification, monitoring and evaluation of suppliers.
- The responsibility for supplier complaints.
- Acts as a lead supplier auditor.
- Manages supplier audit programs, plans and reports in corresponding systems.
- Maintenance, review and share of relevant risk assessment.
- Leading related investigations of complaints and the technical examination of the results.
- Recording, monitoring and reporting of supplier related KPIs.
- Periodic review of Supplier Management, prepares slides for Quality Management Review.
- CAPA management.
- Participation in supplier development initiatives.
- Furthermore, the job holder supports the departments in questions of quality of source materials. She/He is responsible for reporting to the manager, acts as interface to Global Quality (especially global Supplier Quality Management) and to strategic purchasing in order to help to shape the cross-plant topics related to supplier management.
- Supplier QE is in close contact with QR / Incoming inspection team, involving exchange on daily events, issues, developments and any other topic related to incoming materials.
- Other main job interfaces: Billing & shipping (especially for transportation topic), Purchasing, Quality Release, Technical Customer Support (customer complaints, where the origin is coming from raw material), Warehouse.
- Continuous improvement process:
- The job holder supports the suppliers and departments within their continuous improvement processes.
- The job holder represents the QA expert Investigations. When investigating raw materials, she/he is the interface to the Invest. Team and represents Q interests towards suppliers or global functions.
- The job holder manages and works on internal / cross-departmental projects in consultation with the supervisor. He / she can also carry out the moderation of topic-related projects or crisis management in the interdisciplinary interfaces. The job holder also initiates and manages improvement projects with suppliers.
- Risk & Change management:
- The job holder acts as change and risk expert in the field of supplier management, participates on supplier / raw material relevant changes and actively contributing or self-initiates risk assessment in case of need.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor (BSc) in engineering or nature science field (mechanical, electrical engineer, biology / chemistry, food / pharmaceutical industry or in quality management)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality management, including experience with supplier management
- ISO 9001 / 14001 auditor
- GMP, ISO 15378 / 13485 advantage
- Auditing experience
- M365, SAP knowledge
- CAPA & Deviation & Supplier Management
- Vas county