Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of space projects throughout the project life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, closure) according to ECSS space standards.
- Analysis of requirements, creation of specifications, breakdown to subsystem specifications and coordination of necessary analyses.
- Verification planning, implementation, and control of projects according to the requirements of the ordering space agencies.
- Risk management according to ECSS space industry standards.
- Configuration management according to ECSS space industry standards.
- Cost and procurement management according to ECSS space industry standards.
- Stakeholder and communication management (contact with customers, suppliers and various engineering fields within the company).
- Preparation and coordination of the security review of spacecraft according to the regulations of the space agencies (customers).
- Project documentation, financial monitoring and controlling of the project, compliance with deadlines.
Education & Experience Requirements
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Space Engineer, Project Manager or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- At least 5 years of experience in managing R&D projects
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Openness to relations with international organizations
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues working in different fields
- Knowledge of any CAD system
- Project Management Qualification (PMP, PMI)
- Experience in safety-critical system development
- Knowledge of ECSS space standards (| European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ecss.nl))
- Knowledge of NASA TS Space Standards (NASA Technical Standards System (NTSS))
- Advanced level English knowledge
- Experience in quality and/or safety management