Embedded SW Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Join a diverse team of skilled engineers conducting leading-edge development for the international aerospace industry.
- Design, develop, test and integrate embedded software/firmware for a variety of applications including subsystem command and data handling, low-level hardware control, automation, custom interfaces and communication software for ground and space systems.
- Analysis of industry specifications, roadmap requirements, breakdown tasks and help implement the project plans.
- Analyse high-level requirements and translate them into detailed software requirements and feasible software design.
- Participate in the following activities: requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, support system-level architecture definition and software design.
- Perform design reviews, code reviews, unit and system testing and writing documentation.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources and processes.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development
- Comprehensive knowledge in C/C++ programming
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Ability to think on system-level, working in more than one discipline
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving ability
- Fluent in English
- Programming ARM MCUs and/or microprocessors and experience with any embedded RTOS.
- Knowledge of ISO and/or ECSS standards.
- Programming experience in scripting and automation.
- Familiarity with Agile processes.
- Experience in software quality management techniques.
- Any experience in FPGA development.